The Multidrive Flex Frame is a unique system that allows drive between a rigid truck and trailer, allowing for 8×8, 8×10 and 10×10 drive configurations.
Multidrive have developed the complete system including the prime mover / tractor unit – connecting Flexible-Frame assembly and driven trailer.
Additionally standard trucks and trailers can be adapted to incorporate the Flexible-Frame technology.
The Flex-Frame coupling system delivers a drive from the rear tractor through drive axle to the leading tandem trailer axle. When compared to a rigid vehicle of similar proportions this system dramatically improves mobility, manoeuvrability and agility.
In addition to allowing drive to the trailer unit the design also enables:
- Unlimited oscillation between tractor and trailer, which improves wheel to ground contact, enhancing traction
- Increased axle spacing giving a wider spread of traction
- Enhances lateral stability in all yaw and pitch circumstances
- Smallest turning circle in its class with only one steer axle and minimum cut-in
The Multidrive Flex-Frame has three planes of movement to achieve:
- 50 degrees up & down
- 50 degrees side to side
- 360 degrees rotation
- Low stress – increased chassis life compared to a long rigid chassis
- Active optimisation of all axle loadings, particularly on second axle
- Improved strategic and tactical mobility
- Legal GVW/GCW allowing for high payloads
- 40 degree ramp profiles achieved with reduced stresses
- Lower overall chassis stresses – minimising chance of load or chassis feature
- Safe high speed characteristics
- All-wheel-drive toque split, with cross and longitudinal axle differential locks
- Easy disconnection
- Easy maintenance
- Utilises standard vehicle steering
- Legal and safe throughout the total use spectrum
- 8X8 High Mobility Payload 15 Tonne
- 10X10 High Mobility Payload 18 Tonne
- 12X12 High Mobility Payload 21 Tonne
- Cargo with MHE
- Tanker Fuel & Water Transportation