The Future Combat Vehicle (FCV) 4x4x4 with all-wheel drive, with contra and crab steer is designed to meet challenges of the Worlds future military requirements.
This afforded a single vehicle type meeting three category of load requirements at excellent mobility capabilities for 6 tonne High Mobility (HM) and 9 tonne Intermediate Medium Mobility (IMM) classifications.
The addition of the 6 tonne Pulse Propulsion Trailer (PPT) addressed the 15 tonne Medium Mobility (MM) requirement.
The design brief included the following features:
- Integrated signature reduction (Visual Acoustic Thermal Radar) technology
- Full air portability in a C130 or lift by Chinook CH-47
- Full reliability with proven sustainability
- Available components
Advanced design configuration allows.
- Easy repair and maintenance
- Single vehicle feet type at 6, 9 and with the PPT 15tonne payload
- Maximum use of standardised components
Designed-in accident cost reduction features
- Robust integrated body/box chassis unique chassis layout
- Modular cab
- Stiff torsion box section spine with integral deck
- Side mounted power train module
- Side mounted module incorporating Air cleaner
- Side mounted fuel tank and spare wheel assembly
- Conventional Beam axles or Independent axle suspension system
- 16.00R20 Wheel & Tyre equipment, (optional 24R21)
- Central Tyre Inflation option Run flat insert option
- Survivability Integrated Roll Over Protection system (ROPS)
Three steering modes:
- Front wheel (Normal)
- Contra (10,7M turning circle between kerbs)
- 20% increase in gradeability