Successful in both the UK and South Africa, the Multidrive M8-40 Mining Truck continues to prove itself formidable in terms of its efficiency and performance, in both open cast mining applications and discard operations for deep underground mines.
With its tight turning circle, 46% gradability and excellent traction and manoeuvrability, the Multidrive M8-40 Mining Truck is also faster than equivalent ADT’s and rigid dump trucks. Combine the Multidrive M8-40 Mining Truck with the Multidrive Multi-Load Ejector (MLE) and you have a vehicle that can eject a full load in just 15 seconds when either stationary, on the move, in forward or reverse.
The Multidrive M8-40 Mining Truck has been proven to significantly increase productivity, reduce operating costs and deliver maximum traction, on the most difficult of terrains. Combine this with no danger of driving away with the MLE in the raised position, and the M8-40 and MLE are unbeatable in speed, efficiency and safety.
Through innovation and the use of high grade materials, the Multidrive M8-40 Mining Truck is a durable, light in weight vehicle offering maximum payload to unladen weight. The unique all-wheel driveline provides unsurpassed traction, this coupled with the agility provided by the rear steer delivers outstanding performance.
What gives the M8 is competitive advantage?
- Exceptional performance with high power and torque to weight ratio
- Economical, low parasitic losses with high payload to unladen weight
- Superb traction with 8×8 and 8×6 wheel drive configurations to suit application
- Highly manoeuvrable – rear steer ensures small turning circle with minimal ‘cut in’
- High volumetric payload 29m³ with option of 40m³ (2:1 heaped) up to 40 ton in weight – ideal for the lower density materials.
- Low operating cost per tonne / M³
- Driver environment – Excellent visibility from capacious, protected cab
- Engine retarder/endurance braking maximises safety and increases brake lining life
- Maximised ground level service access simplifies service
Most importantly with ROPS (roll over protection) and FOPS (falling object protection)